QSST- Head Of Human Capital
Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Head of Human Capital.
The Head of Human Capital will be responsible to provide leadership and direction to the in country Human Capital function ensuring that the goals of the business are achieved. The Head of Human Capital will ensure implementation of HC function activities in line with Group Human Capital strategy.
Main duties and responsibilities:
HR Policies and Strategies
• In collaboration with the Group Chief Human Capital Officer, develop, review, and update the in-country Employee Handbook ensuring that it reflects global policies, good practice and is legally compliant
• Ensure that in country HC policies are communicated to and well understood and implemented by all staff, and determine/provide training as required in HC related concepts, issues and procedures
• Keep up to date with changes in employment legislation advising managers and employees of significant changes and updating policies and procedures as required
• In collaboration with the Group Human Capital participate in salary and benefits surveys to ensure competitive compensation and benefits plans in country.
• Advise senior management on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits and the implementation of pre-approved standardized pay and title scales
• Work with Group Chief Human Capital Officer to develop and implement HR corporate programs as assigned
• In collaboration with the Group Talent and Culture Lead, coordinate with department heads to assess staffing needs and initiate the talent acquisition process in accordance with the Group’s global policies.
• Conduct induction for new recruits, including reference checks, work permit applications, medicals, inclusion on benefits, office tours, and explaining HC policies and procedures and office administration requirements
• Support managers on defining and implementing training for new recruits
HC Administration and Day-to-Day Management:
• Maintain accurate and up to date records (paper and electronic)
• Maintain and develop the HC information system and processes
• Track HC data for contract renewals and other significant HC events and anniversaries
• Compile management reports from database on a monthly basis as directed by the in-country management committee
• Support the Corporate HC team in providing accurate data and reports as and when required
• Represent employee issues to the Management Committee and vice versa.
• Provide counsel to all employees on issues concerning employee relations guided by MPL policies.
• Support managers through disciplinary and other employee relations matters
• Ensure that all employees are insured under the GA cover, monitor workers’ compensation claims and work with the contracted Insurance providers to manage claims.
• Manage the in-country benefit’s programs and ensure payroll is processed on time in line with the payroll calendar
Performance and Professional Development Management
• Coordinate the performance management process, in accordance with Group’s global policy.
• Conduct training of management and staff in the performance management process and skills
• Implement and evaluate training programs for staff development in accordance with Group’s policy and available budgets.
• Keep training records and budget up to date and report to management
• Maintain and coordinate employee motivation and recognition programs.
• Provide guidance to staff on career development
Staff Exit Management:
• Proactively manage staff terminations including exit interviews
• Develop and implement staff retention processes to minimize attrition rates
• Provide monthly turnover and attrition reports to management and implement staff succession plans.
HC Service Delivery
• Certifying effective customer feedback processes are established and driving the resolution of customer issues.
• Identifying opportunities to improve the HC service delivered to guarantee that HR is always seen to add value
• Implementing global, and local policies, reviewing these and using the appropriate protocols to deal with exceptions, working with the appropriate Specialists.
• Certifying compliance of HC policies while at the same time influencing the changes required in the policies to better deliver business / function objectives.
• Sharing and leveraging good HC practices within and across other functions.
• Providing feedback to Specialists on the effectiveness and impact of HC solutions and processes and working with them as appropriate to ensure continuous improvement.
• Preparation of the in-country HC budget as per the set guidelines
• Monitor and control the allocated budget
• Identify the in-country HC risks due to changes in laws or labour dynamics and develop probable actions for risk mitigation.
• Prepare and submit Human Capital reports
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management. Post- Graduate training in Human Resources Management/Development is required.
• HC Professional Certification preferred
• 6 to 8 years relevant working experience as a Human Capital professional.
• Must be of unquestionable integrity, Honesty, Trustworthiness and Professionalism
• Must be a team player
• Must be a self-starter and have an appreciation of business growth and priorities.
• Strong Leadership potential to effectively drive a learning and development agenda and operational coordination of activities.
• Solid experience in SAP Success Factors
• Advanced experience with MS Office.
• Knowledge of in country labour laws.
• Communication Skills
• Planning and Coordination Skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Decision Making
• Business Acumen
• Drive for Results
• Ability to harness peer Relationships
• Problem Solving
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: [email protected] not later than 08th August 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This position is open for Local only.
For any further clarifications call 0692961040