Deadline of this Job:
19 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Performance Areas
• Maintain positive relationships with suppliers.
• Coordinate with internal teams regarding their supply needs.
• Negotiates pricing and contracts including but not limited to Vendor Managed Inventories.
• Determine proper quantity, price and timing of all materials and communicate to internal customers.
• Closely monitor inventory to determine what products are needed (recommended frequency bi-weekly)
• Review the scheduled PO’s for the week and what is inbound, work to prevent late deliveries with the vendors.
• Develop purchasing strategies to ensure consistent inventory.
• Establish standard operating procedures for purchasing and monitor the effectiveness of procedures.
• Manage daily purchasing activities.
• Develop Multiple Sourcing Strategy whenever possible for critical raw material supplies.
• Work with QEHS Manager to ensure that the ASL (Approved Supplier List) is accurate and up to date.
• Conduct Supplier Audits and Develop Supplier Audit Schedule.
• ISO standard QEHS – All Employees have the responsibility to follow our procedures and to work in a safe and healthy manner.
• You have a bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management or Business administration with minimum of five (5) years of experience in Purchasing.
• You must be registered with PSPTB (Procurement and Supplies professional and Technicians Board of Tanzania)
• You have good knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
• You are proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP Systems.
• You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, strong critical thinking and negotiation skills, strong planning and organization skills, ability to work independently.
• You balance multiple priorities with ease while always delivering excellent results.
• You react well to change and are flexible and comfortable working in an ever-changing environment with a variety of contacts.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested in joining our team, for immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers / to the Purchasing Officer position, Job Req. #R0030978.