The Project Finance & Administration Director is responsible for ensuring that project activities function efficiently with consistent and correct implementation of sound financial, contractual, and administrative operating systems. S/he proactively manages budgeting, financial management, and subcontracting/sub agreement compliance, while also overseeing the human resources and logistics team. This individual collaborates with the COP and D-COP to ensure implementation of the project in full compliance with donor policies and requirements and the laws of Tanzania. S/he may be called upon to provide needed capacity building and mentoring to sub grantee finance and administrative staff.
• 7 - 10 years relevant experience with donor funded programs (including at least 3 - 5 years on USAID or PEPFAR funded projects) and with managing a team of finance and administrative staff
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in contract management and personnel hiring
• Master’s degree in business administration, finance, or accounting; CPA preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Tanzanian finance and tax laws, audit requirements, etc.
• Experience with grants management and financial oversight of subgrantees
• Strong computer and software skills and ability to produce timely, user-friendly financial analyses and reports