Salary Currency: Tanzanian Shilling
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania (GNTZ) was founded in 2005 in Dar es Salaam as the head office, and later on Area offices were established including; Mwanza, Dodoma, Zanzibar and so on. GNTZ is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Project Coordinator (1 Post)
Reports to : Managing Director
Contract Duration: 6 months (From August 2020 to January 2021)
The project aims to prepare for an establishment of the radio education station and provide media educational contents through Kwarara Media Education Center (KMEC) by training secondary and primary school teachers for capacity building of educational methodology. The project coordinator will be working together with the Zanzibar Area Office of Good Neighbors Tanzania, Ministry of Education and Vocational Training and staffs from KMEC.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator shall have overall responsibility to ensure implementation of the project based on the time schedule of works and performance of all necessary job duties in a high level standard of conduct in all operational activities.
- Writing periodic reports and meeting minutes.
- Coordinating and communicating between different stakeholders.
- Being able to work closely with KMEC to support their contents production.
- Managing various activities of media education based on the project.
- Supporting staffs of Zanzibar Area Office regarding the administrative management for the project.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
· Bachelor degree / Diploma in Education or related field.
· Minimum one year work experience in media education.
· Fluency in both English and Swahili.
· Excellent skills in use of Microsoft Excel, MS word.
· Report writing, project planning, time management and communicating skills
· Positive attitude with enthusiasm for work.
· Good interpersonal skills in an international and multi-national environment.
· A team player, flexible, quick-thinking and able to work well under pressure.
• All applications should be sent with the email address below, including cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to.
(E-mail: [email removed] )
• Deadline for application is not later than 18th August, 2020.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
• Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
Establishment of the radio education and provide media education contents, by training teachers for capacity building of education methodology.