Project Associate – SOC (NPSA7)
Deadline of this Job:
07 April 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania has defined a range of development goals in the Tanzania Development Vision 2025 which include the creation of high-quality livelihoods; peace, stability and unity; good governance; a well-educated and learning society; and a competitive economy capable of sustainable growth and shared benefits but all of these development objectives may be undermined by serious and organized crime (SOC). This role is part of a project financed by the FCDO and the European Union and managed by UNDP that seeks to address aspects of serious and organized crime (SOC). The Project Associate will lead on all project support processes including procurement, logistics, asset and inventory management, administration, knowledge management, finance and budget management. The Project Associate will be expected to contribute to the achievement of the project outputs:
Output One: Enhanced functional capacity in CSEA focused agencies to combat human trafficking and CSEA particularly the international dimensions.
Output Two: Enhanced functional capacity of the Zanzibar law enforcement agencies tackling transnational organized crime.
Duties and Responsibilities
• In close collaboration with the project partners (Mainland and Zanzibar), prepare the project’s annual work plan (i.e., inputs, activities, and outputs), based on the theory of change in the project document;
• Ensure that implementation of activities takes place based on full compliance with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies as expressed in the POPP;
• Prepare project procurement plans;
• In collaboration with the UNDP Operations Unit and the Governance Portfolio Team members, support activity implementation including securing of conference facilities, travels, DSA requests and all other procurement PO preparation;
• Monitor whether project activities, commitments, and expenses align with the project’s annual work plan, including progress toward outputs and outcomes;
• Maintain, file, and manage copies of all key documents relating to the projects (e.g., project documents, contributions agreements, and audit reports);
• Manage and monitor all project transaction in the UNDP ERP and outside including, advances (if any) issued to implementing partners and all other financial obligations for the project.
• Achieve Results: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
• Think Innovatively: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
• Learn Continuously: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
• Adapt with Agility: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
• Act with Determination: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
• Engage and Partner: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
• Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
• Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
• Resource mobilization: Ability to identify funding sources, match funding needs (programmes/projects/initiatives) with funding opportunities, and establish a plan to meet funding requirements
• Inclusion and Participation: Inclusion and Participation
• Project Management: Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
• Aid Coordination: Aid Coordination
• Monitoring: Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results
• Human Rights /HRBA: Human Rights /HRBA
• Capacities to enhance aid transparency: Capacities to enhance aid transparency
• Institutional Arrangement
• The Project Associate will report to the Programme Specialist/Project Manager- Governance.
Required Skills and Experience
• Secondary Education with specialized certification.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration or related field is desirable but not a requirement.
• Minimum 7 years (Secondary Education) or 4 years (Bachelor degree) of relevant experience in programme/project management preferably in a governance related institution;
• Working experience in security/law enforcement sector;
• Knowledge of project cycle management;
• Sound knowledge of asset management, information and communication technology, administration, financial and assets management, preferably with the UN/UNDP;
• Demonstrated/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
• Demonstrated corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
• Informed and transparent decision making;
• Self-development, initiative-taking.
• Fluency in both spoken and written English & Swahili is required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions/job/2895