Non Formal Education Officer
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
. Level 3: ? the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff. .
SCOPE OF ROLE:
. The Education Project Officer will support the implementation of Accelerated Education Program (AEP) /catch up and IDEAS BOX program activities in Save the Children supported schools/centres in Nyarugusu and Nduta refugee camps. She/he will work closely with the Education Programme Coordinator under the overall umbrella of the Field Programme Manager to ensure that planned program activities are implemented timely and in line with Save the Children best practices to ensure the attainment of set objectives.
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University or College qualification and minimum of three years professional experience with education work.
• Good knowledge and understanding of AEP in emergency context.
• Knowledge of INEE Minimum Standards in emergency preparedness, response and application of the standards in response.
• Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children in the school and community.
• Strong understanding of the contextual situation related to education.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of participatory development, child participation, education.
• Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and work long hours.
• Strong verbal and written English skills and other local languages.
• Strong interpersonal skills the ability to work collaboratively with others
• Strong reporting skills
• Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email)
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://tanzania.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=59050