Messenger/ Mail Clerk, G-2
Jobs at:United Nations IRMCT
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2020
Within Tanzania , Arusha , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This position is located in the General Services Section of the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT), Arusha Branch. The incumbent will work under the general supervision of the Logistic Operations Officer. .
Roles & Responsibilities
• Responsible for pouch dispatch documentation, distribution of interoffice mail, incoming pouch, outgoing mail materials and overnight express services.
• Prepares tags to identify: destinations, dates, airline carrier, and correct pouch numbers, summary of enclosures for each destination.
• Estimates number of pouches. Prepares daily pouch log reflecting the number of pouches, weights, etc. for scheduled airlines destinations and airlines.
• Tracks the distribution of all mail as well as pouch service.
• Ensures that all items received through the incoming pouch for intra-shipment, outgoing pouch, and in outgoing mail units, are accurately recorded.
• Signs for valuable items to be shipped via pouch and outgoing mail unit, identifies and sorts items to be shipped by pouch, by mail or by contracted shippers.
• Ensures timely distribution of urgent mail.
• Assist in receipt and issuing of drinking water and sanitary supplies from GSS store
• Delivers by hand, sensitive and urgent letters to embassies, government ministries, UN Agencies and NGOs, etc.
• Ensures timely distribution of conference documents.
• Receives all official, personal and confidential mail and packages, addressed to United Nations Mechanism for International Criminal Tribunal, delivers, and maintains accurate records.
• Receives certified mail, registered mail, express mail, mail from permanent missions, courier deliveries, and other personal mail; prepares log sheet and forwards to the appropriate offices.
• Assists unit supervisor to open and inspect items intended for dispatch to ensure that all are in compliance with pouch and mail regulations.
• Performs other ad hoc tasks as required.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Minimum Recruitment Standards
• Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• Accountability – Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments. Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards. Operates in compliance with organisational regulations and rules. Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments. Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
• Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
NOTE FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES:
• Staff at the G-3 levels are eligible to apply; the requirement for one year post occupancy is applicable.
• Interested staff members must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable via personal inspira accounts (in PDF format) or the Mechanism website. Please submit all documents including the PHP, a Cover Letter, and the last two ePAS’s ELECTRONICALLY AS ONE DOCUMENT to the [email protected] in-box. Please indicate the job opening number in the subject line.
• Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) as per OHRM instructions. Evidence of passing the ASAT/GGST is encouraged in order to assess the need fore testing.
NOTE FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES:
• External applicants must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable from the Mechanism website ( www.irmct.org ) and forward electronically AS ONE DOCUMENT to the [email protected] in-box. Please indicate the job opening number in the subject line. Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) in the duty station as per OHRM instructions. Evidence of passing the ASAT/GGST is encouraged in order to assess the need for testing.
• The appointment of the successful candidate will be on a local basis.
NOTE FOR PREVIOUSLY ROSTERED CANDIDATES
Roster candidates must express their interest and availability for published job openings by submitting an updated PHP and cover letter.