NRC Tanzania is looking for Logistics Officer base at Nyarugusu ,Kigoma
The purpose of the Officer position is day to day implementation of the Logistics responsibilities and overall Logistics contact person for Nyarugusu Camp thus supervising other NRC Logistics personnel in the camp and reporting to the Logistics Coordinator in Kibondo. The Officer will have very strong warehouse experience as may also serve the whole programme in implementing proper warehousing systems.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated logistics support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Supervise and prepare and disseminate warehouse status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the logistics support function
- Assist the Logistic coordinator in identifying deadstock and advising programs of the same
- Manage all the warehouses for Nyarugusu field locations in liaison with the procurement and project teams
- Ensure that Warehouse related transactions are processed in a timely manner and projects materials are properly marked and segregated in storage to avoid confusion.
- Ensure proper layouts of all the storage areas and the safety and security of the materials in stock by limiting access to only those who need to have it for official purposes such as collection of materials or those who are working in stores.
- Conduct inspections and snap checks to ensure that all storage systems are operating well.
- Ensure all store keepers keep proper records at all times such as GRNs, Stock/Bin Cards, Waybills and fuel records where applicable
- Train and capacity build Logistics staff especially those working in stores, Fleet, Assets and effectively provide supervision and guidance to the Logistics Assistants and casuals working within logistics on various occasions.
- Deputise the Logistics Coordinator for Tanzania at the field level and act during periods of absence.
- Prepare mandatory reports with all details in respect of Warehouse, Assets and Fleet for dissemination to the Area Office by the 5th of Every month for inclusion in country Reports to be submitted to the Region
- Oversee the management of fleet, fuel and related activities and support the Fleet Assistant in reports and coordination
- Oversee the management of NRC Assets
- Can be called upon to support either side of the geographical locations of NRC programs
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Logistics
- Experience from working as a Logistics Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English and Swahili essential
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
Duty station: Nyarugusu,Contact period is for 12 Months with possibility of extension ,Salary /benefits :according to NRC’s general directions ,The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC office in Nyarugusu
Application deadline: 24 April, 2020