Legal & Human Resource Associate
Jobs at:Silverleaf Academy
Deadline of this Job:
01 October 2022
Within Tanzania , Arusha , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Legal and Human Resource Associate will lead the organization’s legal affairs, human resourcing strategy and delivery of people development and talent management related to all of Silverleaf’s staff, schools and departments across regions of Tanzania. The Legal and Human Resource Associate is responsible for the design and execution of Silverleaf Legal functions, Human Resource Management Strategy and System, S/he will lead all activities of legal, administration and management of Human Resources functions.
Roles and Duties
• This role is expected to
• ensure good collaboration and coordination with all Silverleaf's stakeholders across the country, while ensuring the integrity and effectiveness of Silverleaf's distinct contribution to attainment of organizational objectives.
• S/he should be an innovative, results-oriented individual who can create and deliver a vision, and ensure organization compliance and managing team member expectations.
• The Legal and Human Resource Associate will work closely with the CFO, COO and CEO and sit within the Central team of the organization.
• Legal Responsibilities
• Be in-charge of all legal affairs of Silverleaf and its affiliated entitie
• Notarization of all Silverleaf and affiliated entities documents.
• Advise the organization on all legal matters and liaise with various regulatory bodies to ensure that Silverleaf consistently complies to various laws and regulations of URT.
• Advise the organization on legal issues pertaining to foreign employees, volunteers, visitors and International Professionals and liaise with Imigration, Employment and other laws.
• Lead on Visa, Work permits and residents permits of all Silverleaf foreign staff
• Leading, advising and preparing company contracts with all other parties.
• Coordinate staff performance review, maintain and update the HR management system with all employee information, Inclusive of policies governing the relationship between the people., Silverleaf and their professional growth.
• Updating organizational structure. Support in Workforce planning, distribution and recruitment
• Coordinate with Insurance companies for staff benefits & assist in preparing policy, guidelines, and systems for staff safety measures.
• Human Resource Responsibilities
• Review HR processes and suggest improvements. Advise and assist management and employees in HR related issues and concerns
• Team member attendance and time management (Work hours, overtime, staff gap, leaves, etc)
• Issue contract and letters to all employees (Offer, contracts, transfer, separation, warning, retrenchment, retirement etc)
• Provide feedback to the management to enhance a better and cordial working environment.
• Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
• Create and implement effective onboarding plans. Book testing, schedule interviews and prepare employment contracts
• Develop and implement Human Resources strategy, Lead the process of review of job descriptions and the preparation of new and/or revised job descriptions in line with organizational human resource strategy
• Assist in developing and implementing staff professional development programmes
• Prepare and implement staff motivation plan, arrange effectively social events and activities
• Must have Bachelor Degree in law (LLB)
• Must be currently registered and recognised advocate of High court of Tanzania,
• Practicing experience in corporate compliance and company services for a minimum of two years, preferably in Tanzania
• Fluent in English, swahili would be an advantage
• Tech lit
• Time keeping
• Google suites experience
• Previous experience working with payroll and HR system(specifically PAYTAN is an advantage)
• Court experience
• Labour law specialization
• Corporate law experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply for this position by:
Sending your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Program Assistant’ clearly stated. (All applications should be in English).
Application should also include a link to a video of maximum 2 minutes (120 seconds) with a short personal introduction and explanation of your interest in the role and joining the team.
Wait and we will get back to you within 3 business days