Junior PR & Communication Professional
Deadline of this Job:
13 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Junior PR & Communication Professional
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
GIZ is looking to fill the position of Junior PR & Communication Professional in the Employment and Skills for Eastern Africa Program (E4D/SOGA) in Tanzania.
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
Terms of the Contract: Fixed term contract.
The Junior PR & Communication Professional is responsible for:
• Ensuring visibility of the programme’s activities in Tanzania, in accordance with GIZ rules and in coordination with the GIZ-Tanzania Communications Manager.
• Managing institutional communication with government implementing partners.
• Participating in the monitoring of sectoral information and data publications
The Junior Administrative Professional
• Participate in the development of a communication strategy for the Tanzania component of E4D, liaise with the Regional Communication Officer to update communication materials and develop new materials.
• Be the communication focal point of the programme
• Organisation of meetings, workshops, and various internal and external events
• Creation and management of a database of programme partners
• Carry out visits to sites where different programme activities are being implemented to identify and report on important developments on site and to gather useful information to ensure the visibility of E4D activities in Tanzania
Project implementation support
The Junior PR & Communication Professional
• Support project managers in the implementation and monitoring of activities
• Supporting the programme management in M&E, reporting, communication, and knowledge management
• Working closely with the project team and colleagues, participating in meetings, supporting efficient coordination and implementation of activities
• Assist in the preparation of requested reports and/or documents and if necessarily make translations
• Liaise and work closely with the Programme Team Leader, Projects Managers, Monitoring and Reporting Manager, local authorities, civil society and other partners to ensure efficient coordination and implementation of project activities
• Participate in workshops, meetings and write minutes
• Follow up on external meetings and business trips of the team and capitalise on the results (reports, articles)
• performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications, competences and experience
• A university degree or master’s in project management, communication, or related fields
• At least 3 years’ experience in project assistance management in development cooperation (governmental, foundation or NGO Institutions)
• A minimum of 3 years of stakeholder communication, internal and external reporting as well as monitoring
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (and computer applications(e.g MS Office, Access or other database programme)
• Excellent writing and reporting skills
• Excellent conceptual and communication skills, ability to express ideas clearly and persuasively both orally and in writing
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent priority management
• Good knowledge of Swahili and English languages
• Ability to work in team towards common goals is a requirement
• Listening and service skills
• Knowledge of German Language is an asset
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are requested to send their letter of application together with the CV and academic certificates by email to [email protected] .
Please use the subject line ‘Junior PR & Communication Professional’
Closing date for submission: 13.09.2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group