Jobs at:Sos Children's Villages
Deadline of this Job:
22 September 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Sos Children's Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to Sos Children's Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children's Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children's Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children's Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children's Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. .
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidate to fill the following vacant Position.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Duty station: National Office-Dar es Salaam (1 post)
Reporting to: National Director/Board of Trustees
The main responsibility:
The Internal Auditor will be responsible for auditing Sos Children's Villages Programmes/ Projects and facilities located in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Internal Auditor position is to provide an independent and objective assurance on overall support and assistance to the organization regarding leadership, management and supervision. S/he is required to ensure timely, appropriate and informed planning, organization, coordination of the risk management and internal audit activities for the organization, direct and control the functions of internal audit and Risk Management Unit. She/he is responsible for assessing existing risks in the organization using up to date risk assessment methodology, assist and advise SMT about current and emerging risk exposures, based on the assessment, rank them in overall organizational perspective. S/he will be required to disclose growth areas and application problems and suggests applicable solutions for exceptions and problems disclosed. The Internal Auditor will provide regular advisory services to senior management team and ensure that organizational resources are properly managed and utilized. Ensure the technical integrity and clear presentation of audit and risk findings and recommendations, providing advice on policy and implementation of audit recommendations throughout the organization.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Maintain and follow the SOS-Kinderdorf International auditing policy and procedure guidelines and accepted auditing
• standards, prepares and submits Internal audit procedures for the approval of the SOS Tanzania Board of Trustees with prior information of SOS Tanzania Management with input from the IOR ESAF regional internal audit team.
• Lead the review and appraisal of the system of internal control within the National Office to give reasonable assurance on adherence to accepted standards, policies, procedures, and legal requirements. It is the management mandate and responsibility to design and put in place policies and procedures, the role of the internal auditor is to identify lacking policies and procedures and advise management for development and provide input and feedback on those organizational policies and procedures.
• Develop an internal audit charter, annual audit plan, audit programs, audit engagement letters and update them when required.
• Prepare an individual work plan and share with the supervisor for approval on an annual basis.
• Regular review and verifying the existence and adequacy of internal control systems in place to safeguard organizational assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in operations and ensure SOS Tanzania is operating within government regulations.
• Carries out planned auditing activities in the various functions and programs of SOS Tanzania to ensure adherence to policies, regulations and procedures in the execution of the respective tasks including employment, promotion, transfer, etc. of personnel, concluding of contracts, purchases, accounting practices, etc.
• Examines and ensures the accuracy and completeness of financial and accounting reports.
• Checks and ensures the reconciliation of bank statements and book balances.
• Counts cash to ensure the existence of balance as per record in a surprised manner.
• Examines and ensures the existence and proper use of property.’
• Checks whether purchase and contract agreements are made in accordance with the policies, regulations and procedures of SOS-CVT/Z.
• Checks and ensures that the sponsorship money gift is administered as per the policy, regulations and procedure therein.
• Examines personnel matters, including employment, promotion, transfer, leave, etc. to ensure adherence to SOS Tanzania personnel policies and procedures.
• Provides an advisory role as required for programs in establishing internal control system policy, regulation and procedural issues.
• Assesses external auditor's comments and suggestions and makes sure necessary adjustments, corrections and amendments are made as suggested.
• Compiles and submit internal audit reports with necessary suggestions and recommendations for improvements.
• Formulate, presents for Board's approval and implements audit long term and short term plans and policies of the Audit Section which is in line with SOS functions.
• Reviews and reports on proper control over receipts, custody and utilization of all financial resources.
• Be responsible for the audit of SOS Children's Villages Accounts and submits to the Audit Committee and National Director a report in every three months of a financial year.
• Undertake special assignments, including investigating fraud on duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, and non-compliance with country laws, Government regulations, a statutory requirements in areas including but not limited to taxation laws, employment and Labour Relations Act, 2004 and any other applicable local requirements and advise the National Director and the Board of Trustees.
• In addition to carry any other functions assigned to him by the Board of Trustees or National Director on assignments that do not affect the independence of the auditor.
• Support and involve in the regional internal audit exercise
Knowledge, skills and abilities
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting from reputable institution
• A professional certification (CPA) in a similar field and additional trainings in Auditing will be an added advantage
• At least 6 years relevant working experience in Accounting and Auditing from a reputable organisation/setting preferably in an NGO will be of great advantage.
• Good knowledge and sound understanding of the Internal Auditors International
• Professional Practices and Audit I standards.
• Must have good analytical thinking skills.
• Must have sound judgment and exercise the principle of confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to work well in a team composed of people with diverse cultural and disciplinary backgrounds.
• S/he should have strong leadership and good communication skills.
• The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, able to initiate new ideas and willing to travel across our project locations from time to time.
• Additional experience in administration, finance and accounting, procurement, HR is an asset.
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply for this position, send your application by letter or email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position Enclose a detailed updated CV, copies of academic & professional certificates, a passport size photo, telephone contacts and details of at least 3 referees to reach us to:
The National Director
Sos Children's Villages Tanzania
P. O. Box 80462 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Deadline for receipt of applications is one week from the appearance of the advertisement.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.