Intern (Counter Trafficking)
Jobs at:International Organization for Migration
Deadline of this Job:
28 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Vacancy Number IOM/DAR/014/2021
Position title Intern (Counter Trafficking)
Position grade Ungraded
Type of Appointment & Durations Internship Contract & Six Months
Duty station Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
Job family Programme
Organizational unit Programme Unit
Reports directly to Programme Assistant
Overall Supervised Programme Coordinator
Organizational Context and Scope
Established in 1951, and with currently 157 Member States, IOM is the leading inter- governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. In September 2016, the organization became a Related Organization to the United Nations (UN). IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration issues, and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced persons. IOM addresses the migration phenomenon through a holistic and development focused perspective in order to maximize the benefits of migration while minimizing its negative effects.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Programmes and the direct supervision of the Programme Assistant, the incumbent will assist with the implementation of projects within the area of migrant protection and counter trafficking in persons.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The intern will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• In coordination with the Programme Assistant, assist in the implementation of the activities within the counter trafficking in persons portfolio in IOM.
• Organize and keep track of – through filing in hard and soft copies – of all documents related to counter trafficking in persons work.
• Assist in provision migrants care assistance to victims of trafficking (case management).
• Assist in logistics of organizing meetings and other events with partners or stakeholders.
• Undertake duty travel as needed to support planned activities.
• Perform any other such duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
University degree in Law, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or any related discipline.
0 – 1 years of professional work experience
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
• Computer literacy, especially database tools.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Eagerness to understand the Organization’s structure and portfolios.
• Eagerness to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core behavioural IOM competencies:
• Continuous Learning;
• Creativity and Initiative;
• Planning and Organizing;
• Technological Awareness;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 July 2021.