Nonprofit, and NGO
International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT)
Deadline of this Job:
19 November 2021
Friday, October 22, 2021
, Base Salary:
This position is located in the Human Resources Section (“HRS”), Registry, of the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (“IRMCT”) Arusha branch. Within delegated authority, under the daily supervision of the Human Resources Officer and the technical guidance of the Chief, Human Resources Section based in The Hague.
• Address staff questions and provide advice on matters relating to staff entitlements including but not limited to education grant; mobility allowance, hardship entitlements, dependency allowance and leave.
• Identify difficult or problematic Human Resources issues and bring such cases to the attention of the Human Resources Officer or Hague-based HRS.
• Draft correspondence to Office of Human Resources (“OHR”) at UN Headquarters on behalf of the Chief of HRS as required.
• Provide IRMCT management with UN rules and regulations as and when requested. Interprets the UN staff Rules and Regulations, and administrative instructions and provides verbal and written explanations under the supervision of the Human Resources Officer.
• Monitor the contractual status of staff and follow up with relevant program managers regarding recommendation for extension.
• Initiate staff orientation and check in/out.
• Participate in interview panels (ex-officio role) and organise interviews on an as needed basis.
• Maintain on-site Job Opening, recruitment files and staff files.
• Assist in processing staff study leave and training requests.
• Facilitate the hiring of consultants using Umoja.
• Administration of Interns including: Preparation of offers and undertakings and Note Verbales and conducting separation interview prior to departure.
• Process Personal Actions in Umoja
• Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
• Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
• Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
• Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
• Remains calm in stressful situations. Demonstrates commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
• Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two way communication.
• Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
• Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
• Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions.
• Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
• High school or equivalent diploma is required.
• Technical or vocational certificate in human resources, business administration or personnel administration is a requirement.
• Minimum of eight (8) years of related administrative experience preferably in the Human Resources field.
• Knowledge of UMOJA processing of entitlements, time and attendance, education grants, expense reports, travel requests, generating of reports highly desirable.
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 10 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 26-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: IB EY Early Year…
Overview: The Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) is a government organ with a status of independent Department established specifically to facilitate the recruitment process of employees to the Public…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 19 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 05-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Interns Retail Products-2 job at Absa…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 16 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 04-11-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Mtakwimu II [ Type:…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 24 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 15-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Compliance and Internal Review…
POST ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – 1 POST POST CATEGORY(S): HR & ADMINISTRATION EMPLOYER: Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-10-15 2021-10-28 JOB SUMMARY ok DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES i.To…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 26 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 12-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Senior Internal Control Officer…