Head, Transactional & Liabilities Products
Jobs at:Standard Bank
Deadline of this Job:
28 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To design, advise and build fit-for-purpose product solutions for Liabilities and Transactional, in alignment with PBB AR Product and country strategies, whilst trading off client solutioning with risk appetite and financial growth.
• Jobholder is accountable for the development and viability of products for Liabilities and Transactional, which is shared with Customer Retention and Acquisition as input into their strategy and guides implementation.
• Has the expertise for Liabilities and Transactional product for purposes of informing, advising and best practice but not carrying operational accountability.
• Jobholder needs to trade off customer demand with financial sustainability and risk in alignment with the Bank’s strategy.
• Product development is key to accelerate growth in the balance sheet and income statement across the Bank.
• Jobholder needs to provide Product solutions for Liabilities and Transactional which can be applied across multiple geographies and customer segments whilst managing the overall profitability and relevant trade-offs (based on regulatory and competitive behaviours).
• Jobholder needs to work through and be able to influence the Regional Support Manager and Client
• Journeys teams on outcomes for Liabilities and Transactional Products
• Jobholder needs to guide and advise country leadership on the appropriate skills and structures required to execute optimally.
• Jobholder needs to influence pricing decisions at product and client level in-country.
• Jobholder will develop the standard product solutions and Liabilities and Transactional Product toolbox.
• Jobholder can review and approve Liabilities Product toolbox customisation requests.
• Jobholder can determine optimal liabilities pricing models for product and customer and when to alert Business Country Heads, Regional Heads and Africa Region Exco of any pricing decisions that improve or compromise financial objectives – jobholder must propose relevant remediation actions.
• As the subject matter expert in the functioning and economics of the liability’s products, the jobholder is the key source of liabilities product insights and information and must be consulted with on all liabilities product related matters covered in this mandate
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• Post Graduate Degree in Business Commerce
• Proven track record of delivery in a senior product, financial and risk management capacity in a leading financial institution, with experience in both Lending and Liabilities products.
• Good understanding of the market size, growth, market shares, potential, client profiles, competitors and profitability of the product. Proven track record of interpreting and practicing integrated product, financial and risk management principles.
• Proven track record in new product development and financial objectives and working with Agile enablement teams.
• Experience in process re-engineering and change management.
• Proven track record of management of financial objectives, both value creation and cost reduction. Experience in managing ROE targets taking into account profitability measures and capital.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree