AccessBank Tanzania (ABT) is a commercial bank with a special focus on microfinance. With very strong international shareholders such as AccessHolding, International Finance Corporation, KfW, African Development Bank, and MicroVest. ABT’s vision is to be committed to the development of financial systems that support social progress by rendering services to all people with the same ambition for excellence and quality.
AccessBank Tanzania Limited is offering excellent long-term career development opportunities for experienced and highly motivated professional applicants. In order to support our expansion process, we are looking forward to recruit a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Audit Department as Head of Internal Audit.
The Head of Internal Audit is responsible to ensure that Internal Audit adds value, improves the operations of the Bank, and supports the Bank in accomplishing its objectives by systematically evaluating and improving the effectiveness and adequacy of risk management, control, and governance processes.
This is a key position within the organization with overall responsibilities for providing risk-based assurance that operations are conducted along with the sound, prudent, and professional lines in an effective and efficient manner. The Head of Internal Audit recommends corrections and improvements where necessary.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the strategic development of the Internal Audit Function
- Manage the Internal Audit Function including developing a Risk-based Annual Audit plan, ensuring its proper and timely implementation.
- Ensure that, audit assignments are planned and performed in accordance with Internal Audit Charter, Procedures and external legislation/regulatory policy.
- Act as a leader for audit teams in different audit assignments and ensure the internal audit is adding value and delivers high-quality service throughout all audit assignments.
- Conducts audit assignments of the branches and Head Office if circumstances demand (e.g. in case of special investigations assigned by the Audit Committee/ Supervisory Board or requested by the Banks’ Management Team; complex/ new audit assignments, staff shortage, etc.)
- Collaborate and cooperate with other departments to ensure professional responsibilities are fulfilled in an efficient manner, with due regard for the activities of those departments.
- Ensure timely and well-structured reporting on internal audit activities to Management and Audit Committee
- Prepares, participates in, and follows-up on Audit Committee meetings
Requirements for the position:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or other relevant disciplines
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required. Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or any other relevant professional qualification shall be added advantage
- 5 years of successful experience in Internal Audit Function or in an External Audit company
- Very good managerial skills such as managing priorities, providing constructive feedback to the team, motivate and develop the audit team. Proven ability to supervise and direct the activities of other team members – Experience in managing a team of a minimum of 3 people is required.
- Very good knowledge of Audit standards and techniques
- Very good knowledge of Internal Controls Systems, risk concept, and risk assessment
- Highly proficient in report writing and in oral communication including cooperation across departments while maintaining discretion, confidentiality, and focus
- Highly proficient in systematically and logically analyzing and presenting information
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and transparency at any time
- Open to new ideas, shares own knowledge, and build on the knowledge of others
- Proficient in computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Applications can be made through [email protected] DO NOT send applications more than once. Interested applicants can submit their application letter and CV not later than 07 th October 2020.
AccessBank Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer