Head, Finance & Reporting
Jobs at:NMB Bank
Deadline of this Job:
07 April 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To ensure financial control, cost management, recording, and reporting of the bank’s financial position and safe custody of all funds and assets of the bank. .
• Manage the departmental budget to ensure that expenditure is in line with the plan.
• Manage and optimize the overall bank’s operating expenses.
• Manage and ensure timely and accurate reporting to the regulator.
• Manage negotiations with key suppliers and ensure that payments to suppliers are made in line with the contractual terms.
• Manage fixed assets of the bank.
• Develop the financial and operating expenses policies of the bank and update the same regularly.
• Manage the requirements of internal and external auditors in order to ensure a full and rigorous audit of NMB accounts and take action to implement recommendations.
• Attend to BOT examiners in order to conduct effective examination of the bank.
• Liaise with tax consultants in order to ensure thorough corporate tax assessment.
• Ensure remediation of control issues raised by the external auditors, internal auditors and regulators.
• Ensure that risk and control self-assessments are performed within the department in line with the relevant policies.
• Manage a system of accounts for banking transactions in order to enable accurate and timely reporting on the financial performance of bank operations.
• Manage a system of accounts for goods and services in order to enable accurate and timely reporting of NMB expenditure on goods and services.
• Manage a system of financial accounting that ensures accurate and timely reporting of the NMB financial position to management, the Board and Bank of Tanzania.
• Engage with various stakeholders including cost owners to ensure that costs are well managed and provide timely, accurate, and complete reports.
• Engage with external stakeholders where necessary.
• Ensure that staff understand the context of their roles in relation to the department and NMB’s strategy.
• Manage the performance of all staff in the Finance department including contracting, reviewing, and appraising performance.
• Assess and monitor training and development needs of the staff.
• Ensure that staff have the resources they require to perform their work.
• Engage with staff to assess and report on the level of staff engagement.
• Identify and retain talent within the department.
Knowledge and Skills
• Business understanding of financial control, regulatory requirements, Financial Reporting Standards, and the application of Bank’s loan products, policies and procedures.
• Technical: Financial management and reporting, understanding of Procurement systems and Standard computer applications (Excel, Word and Access),
• Behavioral: Building a successful team and developing others, Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, Customer Focus, Formal Presentation, Strong business acumen and leadership.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Auditing, Business Administration, Economics, Finance; Post-graduate qualifications will be an added advantage
• Professional Qualifications (CPA or ACCA).
• Not less than 10 years’ experience in Finance Control and Reporting.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please visit https://www.nmbbank.co.tz/careers/opening/263