Jobs at:RTI International
Deadline of this Job:
16 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) | East is a five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) that helps national NTD control programs for the control and elimination of five targeted NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, soil-transmitted helminths, and trachoma. RTI seeks a Grants Officer who will provide technical assistance, support and review all grants generated by the Act to End NTDs | East program in Tanzania. She/he will ensure that the grant programs follow the RTI and USAID policies and procedures and will be responsible for preparing reports as well as quarterly accrual reports for all grants between the ranges of activities. This position will provide support to the COP, Senior Finance & Grants Manager, and Municipalities, and will be supervised by the Grants Manager.
• Support Grants Manager in the development of the grants management program with the input and oversight of the Chief of Party, Finance & Grants Manager, and the RTI Office of Contracts
• Support grants management process for local organizations, including grant proposal tracking, review, and approval process
• Maintains financial management files for grants and ensures audit trail for all necessary grant documentation
• Ensures timely financial disbursements, compliance with grants financial management policies, monitors all grant expenses, and provides regular updates on grant status
• Provides operational and technical assistance as required to build capacity of local partners & grantees
• Reviews technical and financial proposals from local NGOs/CBOs, including negotiating annual budgets, and reviews grantee financial expenditure reports for accuracy and adherence to the SOW and budget
• Monitor and document grantee performance and areas of capacity development throughout the grant period
• Review milestone payment requests and deliverables to ensure adherence to the grant agreement
• Liaises with the Finance team to ensure timely invoice payment and processing
• Ensure timely closure of the grant agreement
• Other tasks as needed
Minimum Required Education & Experience
Master’s degree and 3 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities
Skills and abilities required to perform the essential job duties of this job are listed below. An addendum that clarifies additional skills and abilities for incumbents in this job may be used in addition to this description
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is required to obtain and transmit information to municipalities.
• Ability to plan, develop, manage, and evaluate projects of the scope and complexity described above is required.
• A very good knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques, and practices of the professional field of specialization indicated.
• Knowledge of the municipalities finance, perspectives, objectives and priorities.
• Knowledge of Tanzania regulations.
• Availability to travel.
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time; operating a computer and other office machinery; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between offices and laboratories; frequently conducting laboratory site inspections (if applicable), ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines, ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week as workload and deadlines may require, ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://rtiint.referrals.selectminds.com/international/jobs/grants-officer-6155