Position Location: Mbeya, Tanzania – With frequent travels to the Country Office in Zanzibar and various Field Programs Offices within the Country
Terms of references, duties, and responsibilities :**
The Grants Manager will report to the Country Director. The primary objective is to establish and oversee efficient systems for grants financial management for the WCS Tanzania Program Office and Field Projects. The Grants Manager will maintain appropriate communication with WCS Project leaders (Directors, Managers, and Administrators), Senior Management staff, key donors and funding agencies. The Grants Manager’s responsibilities will include:**
Grants/Budgets Management :**
- Oversee the administration and finances of grants in the WCS Tanzania Program (both terrestrial and marine).
- Work with Project Directors, Assistant Finance Director, WCS regional staff and NY to produce budget proposals for potential donors. Review/revise ensuring proper costing (coverage and allocations), compliance with WCS policies and facilitating appropriate reviews.
- Perform grants data analysis (actuals to budget, variance reports, expenses & revenue, remaining balances) and share with Project Directors and Senior Management Staff in Tanzania program, the region and NY.
- In consultation with the WCS Country Director, Project Directors and Assistant Finance Director, through the relevant WCS units in the region and NY, provide communication, reporting, and administrative requirements to donors.
- Prepare and submit to WCS NY grant code request form (or modification as needed). Review grant receivables.
- Monitor overall budget management with a regular updates on expenditures and availability of funds to the regional team, NY and the Project Directors.
- Ensure projects submit accurate projections (i.e Project monthly planning-cash transfer requests) and ensure its availability to the Assistant Finance Director for requesting funds from WCS NY.
- Support development of financial tools/procedures and systems to improve financial operation efficiency. Assist Assistant Finance Director to ensure that Finance Manual and all pertinent documentations and forms are developed and up to date.
- Ensure subgrant compliance together with relevant regional WCS departments. Perform general budget/contract monitoring and capacity building efforts to subgrantees/contractees, to ensure highest standards of financial integrity are followed.
- Represent WCS in a fit and appropriate manner.
The successful candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be comfortable participating both as an effective contributor, leader, and listener in group settings. S/He must be well organized, self-motivated, resourceful, effective and efficient at coordinating multiple resources to get things done, with strong attention to detail; can work on multiple tasks at multiple levels and switch between them; can foresee and plan around obstacles.
- Tanzanian National (Preferred)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or other relevant subject (finance, accounting, or business).
- Proven grant and financial management experience in an international organization (3+ years) in a multi-funder and multi-currency environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of grant and contract compliance, with U.S. Government Agencies and/or other European Government/Agencies.
- Mature and able to build efficient and effective communication with different parties, i.e. fellow co-workers, supervisors, senior & program manager(s), grantees/subcontractees, auditors, government partners, etc.
- Highly organized, fast learner with good interpersonal and time management skills, solution-oriented with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to perform effectively under time pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Solid computer skills with respect to e-communication and spreadsheet modeling, major financial accounting, and reporting software (SAP or equivalent).
- A very high level of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Excellent, fluent spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
How to apply
Interested and very importantly ‘qualified’ candidates should send their CVs and a cover letter to [email protected] with a subject line ‘Application for Grants Manager’ before 20 th August 2020. The CV must list three independent referees.