Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a diaconal organization mandated by churches and Christian organizations in Norway to work with people around the world to eradicate poverty and injustice. In Tanzania, NCA works mainly with Faith Based Organization (FBOs) to uphold human dignity, promote human rights, and accompany poor and marginalized communities in their struggles for economic and social justice. NCA implements programs that are aligned with NCA global strategy, people’s needs in Tanzania and the Government of Tanzania’s development policies. NCA’s focus areas include strengthening interfaith civil society and building social cohesion, fighting inequality, improving agricultural production in a climate change environment and increasing market access as well as ensuring gender justice. NCA is Core Humanitarian Standard certified.
NCA is seeking a dynamic, experienced, strategic-thinking, reflective and result-oriented Grants Management Officer to work on the development of NCA’s programme activities in line with the Country Strategic Plan and NCA policies with ecumenical and interfaith partners. The Grants Management Officer demonstrates a good understanding of securing quality delivery of a development program by complying with policies and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that the partners’ project delivery is secured within the indicated timeline and in good quality.
• Ensure partners’ compliance to donor requirements and to NCA partner agreements.
• Provide on-going assistance to partners to administer their Project Agreements compliant with all terms and conditions.
• Review financial reports from partners and ensure compliance against program description and grants budget.
• Ensure technical support from NCA Program team as may be needed by partners for the quality delivery of the program.
• Participate in donor proposal development processes, track grants acquisition and work to harmonize proposals to be donor compliant.
• Provide and facilitate capacity building assistance to partners and help them in implementing their individual capacity building plans inclusive of financial and programmatic issues.
• Participate in the preparation of donor reports.
• Conduct due diligence, financial review and monitoring visits to partners.
• Perform other any other related duties as assigned from time to time.
• Tanzanian national with a good Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other relevant field.
• Minimum of three (3) years working experience in a large donor- funded program.
• Understanding of what rights based programming for development is.
• Experience in working in finance/program interface.
• Relevant professional certification is an added advantage i.e., CPA, ACCA, etc.
• Proven ability managing and guiding project staff and partners regarding donor rules and regulations.
• Excellent report writing, communication and facilitation skills.
• The ability to learn fast and adapt to change easily and work under pressure/ tight deadlines with minimum supervision. Timely deliveries and good time management are expected.
• Ability to work in multi-cultural settings and being able to interrelate with relevant stakeholders both at the national and sub-national levels. Professional inter-action with NCA Head Office in Norway and 17 country offices world-wide will apply.
• Being a positive and good team player, open to the new procedures and flexible to the changing environment.
• Confident user of MS Office (incl. Excel and Power Point).
• Systematic, analytical, dynamic, strategic, reflective and result-oriented
• Energetic and enterprising
• Team player with good collaboration skills
• Ability to train and build capacity
• Good people skills, including relationship building with partners and donors.
• Ability to travel domestically and international
An attractive compensation package based on performance and consummated with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidate.
The position reports to Grants and Compliance Manager and works closely with Program Manager.
and Program team and NCA partner organisations to cover both compliance and programmatic
aspects of the work.