Food Safety Officer
Jobs at:Agricycle Global Inc
Deadline of this Job:
23 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As our Food Safety Officer, you will report to the Food Safety Manager based in Kenya and Operations Coordinator in Tanzania and work closely with a team of Field Officers and Sourcing Officers. You will be responsible for developing, and managing the Food Safety Management System by ensuring ongoing compliance and audits, elevating of standards and appropriate training of Field Officer and Packhouse staff.
• Develop food safety and production standards for upcycled products destined for the export market.
• Equip field officers with food safety knowledge through training and monitoring.
• Train Agricycle’s members to meet food safety and quality standards and monitor their compliance.
• Assess the quality of flours and dried fruits obtained and report on areas for improvement.
• Ensure strict hygiene food safety standards are followed during food preparation and packaging.
• Complete flour and dried fruit supplier audits and identify corrective measures required.
• Communicate to the management on factors that may affect the food safety management system.
• Ensure registers and records and documentation relating to the role are properly maintained.
• Liaise with local inspectors and enforcement officials to comply with countries’ food safety standards.
• Work closely with other safety roles within the company and develop a supportive relationship.
• Any other reasonable responsibility given by supervising team members.
Ideal candidates are:
• Highly creative with a hunger for innovation and are natural-born problem solvers.
• Motivated by a passion to make the world a better place and love to take on challenges.
• Servant leaders who help to build the team and take on whatever role is necessary.
• Eager to learn and thrive in the fast-paced “fail fast, fail often” startup culture we embody.
• Collaborative in a highly diverse and global team and can work independently when remote.
• Critical and strategic thinkers with strong decision-making skills.
• Empathetic and patient, knowing no task is below them.
• Strong team players, knowing teamwork is necessary and that each role supports the other.
• Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable experience working in quality assurance and production in a FMCG company mostly in horticulture industry
• College degree or equivalent work experience in food safety or food science and technology
• Knowledge in FSSC 22000:2018 or ISO 22000:2018 is an added advantage
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and ability to speak and write in English fluently.
• Demonstrated compassion and empathy, strong work ethic and unimpeachable integrity.
• Readiness and ability to regularly perform under pressure and within short timeframes.
• Readiness to work anywhere in Tanzania for months-long engagements or permanent placement.
• Working knowledge of computer applications, especially: gmail and google drive.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send all applications through https://jobs.wrkhq.com/agricycle by 23rd July 2021 at 5pm EAT. Attach the following as one combined PDF: a) cover letter addressed to the Director of East Africa; b) CV with three reachable referees; and c) academic and other qualification documents. Clearly state the position you are applying for in your letter. Agricycle does not charge for applications or interviews.
The deadline for submitting the application is 23 July 2021.