Jobs at:Danish Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
01 October 2021
Within Tanzania , Kibondo , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer provides financial and administrative support to DRC and partners as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures within the Country operations in Tanzania and Burundi. The Finance Officer contributes to the development and implementation of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The Finance Officer provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
• Day to day activities in the finance department.
• Daily posting of expenses reports and cash advances in DRC Dynamics
• Monthly quality insurance and upload payroll and post salary journal in DRC Dynamics.
• Overall responsible for the monthly generation and posting of timesheets and running Distribution in DRC Dynamics.
• Support program managers with resource scheduling of staff.
• Responsible for uploading Tanzania Payroll into Dynamic and ensure it is reconciled with Accruals (Tax, Workers Compensation, Skills Development Levy, Social Security and Higher Education Students Loans Board)
• Review the quality of supporting documentation for low-value procurement before posting it into DRC Dynamics.
• Prepare cash transfer request and send to HQ.
• Update the Finance Manager on the cash needs required to run Program Activities.
• Create vendor Invoices in Dynamics for high-value procurement.
• Monitor financial activities and keep Finance Manager informed on situations that might harm internal controls of financial performance.
• Ensure that the authorized bank signatory list and bank information forms are regularly updated, and photocopies are kept on files.
• Examine and evaluate financial information system, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
• Make recommendations regarding improving the operations and financial position of DRC.
• Ensure tax and all other statutory payments are made every month before the deadline.
• Ensure payments of incentive workers are made on time.
• Guide and Ensure compliance with relevant country statutory and other financial obligations such as tax, statutory returns, annual Financial Statements and NGO report.
• Ensure / Strengthen an internal compliance control on Finance Voucher for Tanzania by creating tools and conducting spot checks.
• Reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivables in DRC Dynamics.
• Guide and Ensure compliance with relevant country statutory and other financial obligations such as tax, statutory returns, annual Financial Statements and NGO report
• Monitor and reconcile balance accounts every month and make sure any outstanding balance has a clear justification.
• Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in the area of concern.
• Responsible to prepare and review Cost Control on all running cost for Tanzania Office and provide comments/feedbacks to relevant Managers.
• Prepare and participate in donor verifications and annual audits.
• Follow up with staff to ensure that all staff advances are settled within the same month.
• Review and follow up on pending transactions and committed costs in DRC Dynamics to ensure timely closure.
• Assist the Finance Manager in other areas as required.
• Provide technical support and advice to the country finance teams.
• Ensure compliance with DRC procedures and guidelines.
• Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems
• Budgeting & Reporting
• Support financial report preparations monthly, quarterly and annually per the Donor regulation.
• Ensuring financial reports are complete, accurately produced on a timely basis to ensure adequate review, approval and submission to the grants unit.
• Support the development of new proposals with financial information for budgeting.
• Review BI reports and ensures all budget lines are charged accordingly and monitor the burn rates.
• Monthly financial briefings to relevant Manager.
• Maintain a continuous overview of funding levels and pay particular attention to shared support costs, including staff salaries.
• Liaise with relevant Managers on key financial issues including spending for all programs in the country, including co-funding, key variances and any remedial action.
• Maintain a continuous overview of funding levels and pay particular attention to shared support costs, including staff salaries
• Work closely with Finance Manager to develop and Monitor Master and Grant Budgets and budget amendments.
• Ensure all Finance actions for monthly BFU meetings are addressed on time before the next BFU meetings including rebooking
Education: Experience and technical competencies:
• Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
• Experience with carrying out admin tasks
• Good communication skills
• Advanced proficiency in Excel
• Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
• Well-developed organizational and planning skills to meet deadlines NGO experience
• Advanced English proficiency
• Fluency in Swahili
• Advance Diploma in Accountancy, BBA or equivalent professional qualification
• English (Fluent, written and spoken)
• Swahili (Fluent, written and spoken)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=161807&DepartmentId=19080&MediaId=5&SkipAdvertisement=False&uiculture=en