Deadline of this Job:
08 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) Jobs Overview EWURA Tanzania Jobs 2020. The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world-class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors.
EWURA has the following vacancies below for which suitably qualified Tanzanian citizens are invited to apply…. .
Post Title : Finance Manager
Duty Station : EWURA Head Office -Dodoma
Reports to : Director of Corporate Affairs Finance Manager will be responsible for ensuring timely and effective provision of financial services to the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide support in ensuring timely and effective provision of financial services to the Authority;
• To monitor collection of all revenues of the Authority on timely basis;
• To provide support in monitoring financial expenditure as per Approved bud get, procedures and policies;
• To provide support in overseeing establishment and application of systems and proce dures for finance;
• To provide support in ensuring that all approved and normal operations pertaining to finance are carried out on time and according to approved budget;
• To provide support in overseeing prudent management of Authority’s resources, including keeping records on their utilization;
• To prepare time-based reports on financial performance;
• To prepare operating and capital expenditure budget;
• To prepare annual financial statements and provide required support to external audi¬tors;
• To control, apply and monitor routine finance functions;
• To monitor and control all debtors and creditors and;
• To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Academic Qualifications and Experience
• The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
• University Degree/ Advanced diploma majoring in accounting or finance from a recog nized higher learning institution;
• Masters Degree majoring in accounting or finance or business administration;
• Possession of Certified Public Accountant, CPA(T) or ACCA Certificate;
• Must be registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) in the category of either Associate Certified Public Accountants (ACPAs) or Associate Certified Public Accountant in Public Practice (ACPA-PPs) or Fellow Certified Public Accountants (FCPAs);
• Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application, and familiarity with one of the accounting software;
• A strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Interna tional Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);
• Not less than seven (7) years’ work experience in relevant fields out of which three (3) years should be in senior position;
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or daytime contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 08th Janu¬ary, 2021.
Only short- listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidates disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,
P O Box 2857,