Editor and Publication Coordinator
Jobs at:Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT University)
Deadline of this Job:
24 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, November 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
????? ??? ?????? ?????? ??????
JOB OPPORTUNITIES (Only Tanzanians may apply)
The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT University) was built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar established in 1998 by a charity organization; Kuwait based Direct Aid (AD). In line with this expansion, of SUMAIT University – Zanzibar. The University is also making restructuring of Programs and Faculties in Education and Administration positions to accommodate the business needs.
Therefore, SUMAIT University wishes to invites both applications from suitable Internal and External qualified Individuals to fill the academic and administration vacant posts as follows:- .
Roles & Responsibilities
• Editing and coordinating University Materials for Publication.
• Coordinate contents for the University Prospectus
• Prepare Contents for the University Website
• Prepare Press Releases for the Media
• Prepare speeches for University Occasions
• Prepare University Monthly Newsletter.
• Respond to Media Queries.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Do any other duties as may be assigned by the University.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Studies
• Master’s degree in Journalism, Communication, Mass Communication preferable
• At least 3 years proven experience in Editorial Works
• At least 3 years proven experience in Journalism Works
• Ability to read, speak and write English and Kiswahili Languages
• Ability in Translation works (English-Kiswahili-English)
• Be conversant in internet operation
• Be computer literate
• Typing skill is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V.), certified copies of their certificates, names and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references. Foreign awards should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
Salary and Remunerations
SUMAIT University offers attractive salary and remunerations according to the University’s Salary Scales.
Dead line 24/11/2020
Hand delivered application should reach to Sumait University, Chukwani Street Zanzibar not later than 3:30hrs on 24th November, 2020. Or you can send your application through Email at: [email protected]
Applications should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 1933, Zanzibar.
Email: [email protected]