Director of Programme Operations
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
26 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, February 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programmes; or are visiting country programmes; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff. .
As a member of the Senior Management Team, (SMT) the Director of Programme Operations oversees all programme implementation and operational support to our programme activities. This is a senior level role overseeing 8 existing field offices in Dodoma, Shinyanga, Mbozi, Rukwa, Iringa, Morogoro our emergency response programme in Kigoma Region, as well as operations oversight and direction to the Zanzibar programme. The incumbent will directly line manage the Deputy Director of Programme Operations, Chief of Party for USAID/Lishe Endelevu, Supply Chain Team, Partnerships manager and ensure effective, timely and efficient delivery of quality programme activities to beneficiaries. S/he will work closely with the Directors of Programme Development & Quality (PDQ), and Finance, the Head of Awards and HR and Administration.
As a member of the SMT the Director of Programme Operations helps create a positive, inclusive, proactive and accountable working environment within the country office. As a member of the SMT, deputise when required for the Country Director such as during leave absences.
This is a challenging senior role in a changing operational context as the country programme grows its overall portfolio, expands its geographic footprint, and seeks to strengthen operational reliability and effectiveness of its work, including through stronger partnerships with government, donors and civil society actors. It requires a principled, dedicated, experienced and highly motivated individual who can help to drive forward our programme and our ambitions. The role will build on an embed organizational culture utilizing a capacity building approach to strengthen established systems, policies and procedures, emphasizing an empowering strong project management, logistics and procurement support, and ensuring staff understanding and compliance meets organizational quality standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of 7 years of senior management experience in a development (INGO/NGO/Donor) environment, including significant field operations experience running both emergency and development programmes
• Highly suited to a candidate who is or has been a Country Director or equivalent for an International or National NGO
• Master’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent thematic experience
• Robust experience of NGO emergency programme cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organisational structure
• Substantial experience in managing logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory
• Significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
• Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from major institutional donors
• Solid project management skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
• Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
• An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to children
• Substantial experience in managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills -fluency in written and spoken English
• Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://tanzania.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=59746