ActionAid Denmark (AADK) & TCDC (Training Center for Development Coorperation) is looking for a dynamic Director of Operations for our vibrant and ambitious social enterprise – a Training Centre based in Arusha, Tanzania. In this role you will contribute to ensuring that the financial and administrative functions of a medium sized training and convening facility are well-managed and retaining the highest standards.
The position, responsibilities and tasks
The Director of Operations has the day to day responsibility for all financial and administrative (F&A) matters. S/he will be responsible for achieving the set goals within F&A including financial, HR or procedural objectives. And s/he is responsible for ensuring that guidelines and procedures are followed as set by AADK, in close collaboration with the Finance Department of AADK.
The Director of Operations has direct responsibility for a team comprising six operating units/departments, namely; Finance, Services Quality, Catering, Front Office and Course Administration, Facility Management and Human Resources. Each unit/department has a Team Leader/Manager who reports directly to the Director of Operations.
In order for the Director of Operations to be successful in this position, we consider the following qualifications as needed:
- Degree in Business/Economics, or any other relevant education.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with financial management, budgeting, and accounting. Experience with personnel administration.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- The position is offered under TCDC’s employment policy with a fixed term contract of three (3) years with the possibility of extension depending on the future programmatic focus and needs of TCDC.
- The position is based in Arusha, Tanzania, in a dynamic working environment with non-formal atmosphere.
- A basic salary under AAI salary system – grade F, relocation and education allowance when relevant.
- Housing is provided by TCDC.
- The Director of Operations will live and work in a well-functioning, beautiful and largely cosmopolitan campus.
- Flexible working hours, ensuring a good work/life balance.
Application and other information
Please submit your application and resume by 20th of November, 2020. Should you be invited for interview the 1st round of interviews will be on 3rd of December, 2020 and second interviews on the 10th of December, 2020. Expected starting date is on 1st of February, 2021 depending on the COVID-19-related travel restrictions.