Clerk 1- Warehouse (16969)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Clerk 1 - Warehouse.
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Re Reporting to: Senior Supervisor - Warehouse
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Responsible for controlling daily receiving of the company's stocks, unloading deliveries, transferring stock by using trucks, verification, proper arrangement on transferring materials and forwarding the same to satellite Warehouses, storing, issuing, handling documents, record keeping and maintaining stock accuracy as directed by the immediate Supervisor. Responsible for daily Safety activities and housekeeping activities as directed by the immediate Supervisor. Additionally, familiar with Warehouse equipment use (driving, organizing service and cleanliness).
Minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with the following additional qualifications:
• Certificate in Materials Management
• VETA Trade Test Certificate.
• Must possess valid Tanzanian Driving license.
• At least 2- 3 years’ experience on driving of Trucks and able to operate Telehandler / Forklift.
• Experience on Large Scale Warehouse activities.
• Self – motivated and can work under minimum supervision.
• Attended Class “C” training through VETA or NIT (National Institute of Transport).
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Conversant with light truck and light vehicle operations/driving
• Conversant with machine operations (forklift, and telehandler)
• Confirming the items descriptions and quantities against the GRN (Goods Received Note) and proper handling of materials from Central Receiving Warehouse to Satellite Warehouses; then transporting same to Satellite Warehouses.
• Checking properly the items at staging area in comparison with GRN then binning the same properly
• Picking the items from staging area and forwarding them in the bin locations
• Proper binning, stocking, and storing of material in the Warehouse
• Able to print pick list from SAP (Systems Applications and Products in Data processing) ERP System, issuing items to end user and posting the issuing slip into SAP
• Checking the inabilities and reporting same to Supervisor
• Identifying potentials stock-out and reporting to the Supervisor
• Managing daily, weekly, and monthly stock count (cycle count)
• Identifying Non – conforming items and damaged ones and then reporting them to Supervisor.
• Conducting annual stock take as directed
• Offloading delivery trucks, tallying and confirming deliveries
• Consignment verification, identifying substandard delivered materials
• Tanzanian class “C” Driving License as well as able to operate Light trucks
• Be safety conscious and ability to clean the Warehouse after every work (housekeeping)
• Able to make reasonable decisions.
• Physically fit
• Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language
• Ability to show initiative and coordination skills and be able to interact with a team
• Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and conflicting priorities.
• Computer Skills – (Excel and word skills)
MODE OF APPLICATION:
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Clerk 1 - Warehouse.”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Applications should reach the above on or before 17th September 2021 at 5:30 PM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Apply at: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?_s.crb=No9gVjnKYhBNV%252fHsFD5RaWdoUufWlX4TPeJ4XbjnTiU%253d