Clearing & Forwarding Declaration Officer (Tanzania)
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to:- Head of Clearing & Forwarding
Hours: Monday to Friday plus alternate Saturdays
A versatile problem solver who likes to work with clients, internal and external, to make their lives easier and their businesses more profitable.
What makes you the right person for this role?
Our values resonate with you - Humility, Honesty, Continual Improvement, Customer Focus & Safety.
You enjoy working in an agile team and have the ability to work independently, take initiative and ownership on projects. You are solutions-oriented and keen to build a world-class solution offering the best possible customer experience
• Diploma/ Degree in Clearing and Forwarding or any related.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in Clearing & Forwarding for Local Imports, border clearing, and transit goods.
• Comprehensive HS code knowledge and a high degree of accuracy in identifying and using the correct ones.
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders in the field.
• Good interpersonal relations and communication skills.
• Flexible in work habits and schedules, ready to work for longer hours when required.
• Must have knowledge of government procedures & customs laws relating to imports, exports, and transit goods for air, sea, and road freight cargo.
• Possess a high degree of integrity, honesty, and confidentiality.
• Fluent English and Kiswahili
To work as part of a team in the clearing & forwarding department and function as a Declaration Officer.
Accountabilities & Responsibility Areas
• Tracking shipments, updating our database on arrival information, and ensuring correct shipping documentation is in place in advance.
• Undertake all declaration procedures for imports and exports
• Application of IDFs (Import Declaration Form)
• Advice the management on the correct and most preferred course of action to overcome technicalities that may arise in declaration or clearing operations
• Bonds management and cancellation procedures
• Follow up correspondence between various statutory bodies and other parties
• Obtain customs release for exports and truck border consignment
• Ensure correct use of Tanzania Revenue Authority Tariffs
• Ensure that correct values are used during declaration and other related procedures to avoid losses that may accrue as a result of penalties.
• Establish and maintain a working relationship with the customs office
• Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor within the scope of the position.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://ajc.applytojob.com/apply/bodyJoOhMM/Clearing-Forwarding-Declaration-Officer-Tanzania