Chief Finance Officer
Jobs at:DCB Commercial Bank Plc
Deadline of this Job:
13 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, November 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role reports directly into Managing Director, a critical role in the organization. The incumbent in the role will be responsible for development and implementation of a financial strategic plan that will maximize shareholders value, while minimizing risks to achieve the strategic objectives of the bank.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for all the Bank’s financial performance results by adhering with Generally Accepted Accounting Principle .
Duties and Accountabilities
• To Influence the senior management and the board with an actionable insight¬ful information of the bank’s business drivers for the informed decision making.
• Strategic balance sheet management by ensuring optimum funding, Liquidity, investment, and liability mix.
• Develop, implement, and monitor annual budget for the bank, and ensure it is aligned with strategy approved by the Board.
• Ensure bank’s capital plan is complete and reviewed every month and comply with statutory requirement in amount and WRA ratios.
• Advice senior management and the board on financial control and profitability; prepares, presents, and interprets financial reports to senior management and the Board; adheres to tax laws and regulatory compliance to properly reflect the financial position of the Bank.
• Work to protect the assets of the bank, ensure compliance with financial regula-tions, close the books correctly, and communicate Financial results to stake-holders.
• Operate an efficient and effective finance organization providing a variety of services to the business such as financial planning and analysis, treasury, tax, and other finance operations.
• Ensure execution of the financial plan is in accordance with financial manage¬ment requirements including forecasts and reconciliations
• Ensure adherence to the regulatory requirements within the banking environ-ment including BoT, DSE, TRA and other regulatory authorities.
• Update bank’s financial policies and procedures from time to time and recom-mend for changes to the Board
• Work with other business units to ensure maximum investment returns are met with costs minimized, while managing stakeholders’ relations
• Organize and interpret Financial reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements and report.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Holder Specifications
• University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Commerce, or related fields
• CPA (T)/ACCA Qualified Member – Qualified Certified Accountant
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience
• Strong financial industry knowledge preferably Banking industry
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Leadership Skills and Strategic Vision
• Trustworthy and high level of integrity
• Good understanding of Market, Operational and Credit risk -BASELs and IFRS 9
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications should include the following:
• Application letter signed by the applicant clearly indicating contact details
• Professionally documented Curriculum Vitae
• Name of 3 referees with detailed contacts
All interested applicants please submit your applications to:
The Chief Manager – Human Resource and Administration
Magomeni Mwembechai-DCB House
P.O. Box 19798
Dar es salaam
Or email: to [email protected]
Deadline to receive applications is on the 13th of November, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.