Jobs at:Tanga Cement
Deadline of this Job:
21 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Organize the work of procurement section and process purchases of the Company.
• Manage purchases of the company to minimize down time cost.
• Source goods and services.
• Process orders.
• Expediting deliveries.
• Negotiations with suppliers.
• Manage performance of suppliers in the portfolio.
• Process purchase requisitions raised in SAP by issuing RFQs, conducting negotiations with suppliers and creating purchase orders.
• Ultimate responsible for safe working practices especially area of responsibility.
• Observe relevant environmental policies and regulations
• Any other duties as may be assigned
Key requirements : Education
• Bachelor degree in Procurement and/or Logistics or Supply Chain Management or any related field.
• Registered member of a recognized professional body such as PSPTB or CIPS.
2 to 3 years’ experience in procurement, preferably in a multinational manufacturing company.
Knowledge & Skills
• Functional SAP knowledge.
• Good planning and insight to foresee and investigate difficulties in obtaining parts, equipment and other supplies.
• Strategic sourcing experience; contracts management and commodity procurement knowledge.
• Computer literacy.
• Reasonably independent and able to resolve own difficulties.
• Strong supplier negotiation skills.
• Service oriented to other departments. Ø Honest and trustworthy.
• Accurate and good attention to details.
• Able to respond to demanding situations and high work pressure. Fluent in English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please send your CV and copies of relevant certificates by email to [email protected], on or before 21st July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.