Applications Developer Specialist
Deadline of this Job:
17 May 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services. .
• To participate in the study of banking operations and processes; design, build, test proposed solutions or modify/upgrade existing applications; to meet key strategic goals.
• To actively participate in systems/projects scoping, design and pricing exercises as part of the development and business teams’ processes.
• Work with Senior Manager Applications Development to ensure resource utilization targets are met in alignment with strategic objectives.
• Develop new products quickly or modify existing ones with flexibility, hence improve time to market, and internal processes.
• Study information needs, system flows, data usage, work processes, investigate problem areas and propose solutions.
• Document and demonstrate solutions, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear pseudo codes.
• Determine operational feasibility by evaluating impact analysis, problem definition, user requirements, proposed solutions and efforts required.
• Develop and conduct testing plans & procedures based upon system requirements
• Identify systems deficiencies and implement effective solutions
• Communicating and enforcing coding standards; and recommending changes in policies, processes and procedures.
• Develop and/or modify products with flexibility
• Researching, evaluating, and recommending systems/equipment/technologies
• Support existing and newly developed solutions with integrations via API’s based on requirements
• planning and delivering automated solutions to be used across multiple products and organizational units.
• Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
• Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
• Knowledge on the trending banking software and technologies in the market.
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Aggressive Problem solving skills and follow through; Pragmatic and thorough
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
• Experience with varieties of databases and object-relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks.
• Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Business Processes Improvement and Management
• Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility, Web User Interface Design (UI), Security Principles, Object-Oriented Design, Web Services (REST/SOAP), Multimedia Content Development and API's
Qualifications and Experience
• BSc. In Computer Science, Engineering or related field with informatics as core.
• Experience in multiple development languages in medium to enterprise systems, e.g. PHP, C#, Java, etc.
• Agile/Scrum and/or Oracle/Microsoft SQL MySQL, PostgreSQL certifications is an added advantage.
• Proved experience with coding languages Java and PHP is a must; Python is an added advantage.
• Experience with a variety of MVC frameworks/systems preferably Spring, Laravel, Django; Angular is an added advantage.
• 5+ years’ experience in a software development industry.
• Experience with integrations with Bank products/systems is an added advantage.
• Business Processes Management certification is of an added advantage (e.g. Six Sigma, BPM…etc)
Bachelor's Degree - Information Technology, Experience in a similar environment
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please visit: https://absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/NBC_Careers/job/Head-Office-NBC/Applications-Developer-Specialist_R-15917080