Accounts & Tax Manager
Deadline of this Job:
26 December 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
HSEQ: Respect of the Golden rules and all the HSE rules and standards of TOTAL by all the staff, contractors, customers…
General Accountancy and Administration
• Application of the Group financial reporting rules and accounting standard through SAP general ledger
• Coordination of monthly closing process along with Budget & Reporting Manager and reconciliation of general ledger accounts for Total Tanzania Ltd and Gapco Tanzania Ltd
• Coordination of relationship with shared service center (“SSC” – Manila) and approval of tickets raised to SSC
• Monitoring of adherence to Group accounting procedures with quarterly KPIs (CCP)
• Presenting audited financial statement (AFS) to MANCOM
• Verification of the accurate and timely quarterly and annual consolidation report
• Integration of GAPCO Tanzania limited acquired in 2017, fiscal and financial matter
• Acquisition of lubricant oil blending facility, integration of LOPB activity in 2019 and onwards
• Asset portfolio optimization (Disposal of non-performing/redundant assess) determine tax and accounting impact.
• Drafting and reviewing internal procedures regarding accounting and accounting &Tax services.
• One Total: Review and signature of TEAM BV financial statements.
Auditing Coordination for yearly financial statements
• Preparation of yearly financial statements
• Work with group external auditors to ensure we obtain unqualified opinion and efficiently handle audit process.
• Responsible for the Company’s tax compliance, tax planning, accounting for income taxes and preparation of tax returns
• Maintaining relation with TRA, tax advisers and advise other department on all tax matters
• Point of contact for tax authorities.
• Monitoring and advice executive management on tax matters
• Close relationship with senior management on M&A projects when required
• Coordinate tax audits and other regulatory review and investigation
Coordinate all insurance matters i.e. optimization of policies, renewals, periodic declarations, lodging, and follow-up claims
Context and environment
Complex and changing regulatory environment: Increasing pressure on contributions and tax collection (TRA, EWURA, WMA, PBPA, TCAA, TPA, Municipalities, …) with permanent controls from different authorities (e.g. TRA, PCCB).
• Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent in Finance/Accounting/Business Management with emphasis in Accounting –Professional qualified –CPA/ACCA
• Five years’ prior supervisory experience in accounting areas, experience working with large multinational organizations
• Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required
• Conversant with all process in SAP (MM, SD, FI), strong analytical skills and proficiency on Ms office (Excel, power point and Word doc)
• Ability to Multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in fast – paced work environment
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.