Accounts and Administration Officer
Jobs at:Focus Africa
Deadline of this Job:
17 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Focus Africa is a non-governmental organization with the primary Programs in South Sudan, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Zambia, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Somalia, Tanzania and Kenya that promote ownership, alleviate poverty and promote sustainability in Africa and beyond, We seek to recuit and Administrative Accountant in our Zambia Head office in Lusaka.
Duties and responsibilities
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and end of year financial statements
• Daily posting of all transactions into the accounting system.
• Review of all loan files and contracts, as well as supplier invoices before payment is affected.
• Handling petty cash
• Filing and timely submission of all statutory /regulatory deductions
• Carry out monthly and regular reconciliations of bank statements
• Writing cheque and payment vouchers
• Monthly and quarterly report compilation to regulatory Authorities and partnering institutions
• Preparation of monthly staff payroll, prepare payment vouchers and receipts
• Prepare cheque/payment orders and ensure that they are properly delivered
• Keep and maintain proper records of all transaction documents in a manner that can be easy to retrieve when in need.
• All other administration and finance duty as assigned by the Managing Director
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Insurance or relevant field
• At least 1-year of experience in a busy accounting role.
• Experience in non-gorvenmental roles and accoutings is an added advantage
• Knowledge of computer applications and accounting softwares
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: [email protected] received by 17/01/2022
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis and Focus Africa reserves the right to fill this position before the deadline;