Deadline of this Job:
26 June 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internews Tanzania is seeking to recruit a qualified Accountant to provide financial services to its project in Tanzania .
• Prepares Payment Vouchers and General Ledger vouchers for review and approval
• Performs banking transactions as required
• Makes payments to meeting participants as required
• Regularly posts transactions in Internews ERP (Business World)
• Ensures proper supporting documentation is provided and attached for all transactions and that Internews accounting policies and procedures are properly implemented.
• Reconciles the petty cash account for replenishment as required
• Files Vouchers and other Financial documents as required
• Scans Payment Vouchers and other financial documents for electronic filing as required
• Alerts the supervisor about aging advances issues.
• Any other relevant tasks as assigned
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Degree in Accounting or equivalent
• At least 3 years of operational/financial experience, in a Business or nonprofit environment is required.
• Excellent written and spoken English communication skills. Kiswahili communication skills also required.
• Excellent Information Technology skills (including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Finance systems).
• Willingness and ability to learn and apply new concepts and systems, including new financial and administration software as appropriate.
• Respect for confidentiality; affinity with Internews core values, objectives and beliefs.
• A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work with the ability to be part of a team.
• Excellent organizational skills; demonstrated ability to follow tasks through to completion, over time;
• Self-starter; ability to work independently;
• Multi-tasker; capable of working on multiple projects at one time, often under pressure
• Ability to keep accurate records and statistics
• Attention to detail and a conscientious attitude
• Awareness of administrative and financial regulations and how to apply them to daily workflows
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please submit a CV and a cover letter to [email protected] Closing date 17 July 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview, applications sent beyond that date will not be considered.