Jobs at:ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ)
Deadline of this Job:
30 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ) envisions seeing Tanzania without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys his/her right to a life of dignity. Currently, the organization is looking for a qualified, experienced and self-motivated: person to fill in the following vacant post:
Job Title: Accountant
Workstation: Head Office, Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Head of Finance
The Accountant will be responsible for day to day general management and administration of the organization's finance & accounts functions. The post holder works within the framework of International and Local Financial Policies and Procedures manuals set by ActionAid Global Secretariat (GS) and the ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ) respectively ensuring all ActionAid policies & procedures, donor regulations, accounting standards and local laws are complied with at all times. .
• Support to design and present for approval Forms and Templates (i.e. financial expenditure tracking tools) and share them with staff and partners.
• Make visits to Local Rights Programs (LRP), partners at National level and LRP levels as per schedule agreed with the Line Manager to ensure that all procedures being carried out are in accordance with the relevant Policies anaw Procedures and review progress of implementation against agreed work plans
• Review financial information from LRP, implementing partners and for donor funded project for accuracy, and completeness against set guidelines before further transfer fund,
• Verify and input financial information including income remittances, expenditures from the LRPs and partners and other accountabilities into the SUN systems
• Perform reconciliations of subsidiary schedules/records, suspense sundry debtors & creditors accounts ensuring no amounts are held unresolved for undue periods of time
• Review payment requests and retirement submitted to finance to ensure forms have been accurately filled and accompanied by relevant supporting documents, correctly input into SUN System and process payments.
• Ensure all online instructions/cheques are accompanied by relevant and : approved documents before signoff
• Carry out all bank transactions, submission of bank authority letters, collection of bank statements, depositing receipts, and other functions
• Ensure timely preparation of AATZ and donor reports in respective required format and submission Finance Manager for review.
• Prepare and share budget variance reports for each budget unit and follow up for feedback including explanation of variance
• Monitor reporting deadlines and communicate them to all related staff to ensure reports are submitted on time
• Preparation of foreign exchange processing and related bank transfer instructions both local processing and GS related
• Track, update and ensure that all other funds remitted / transferred in favor of the Country Paper are duly documented and posted into the ledger.
• Prepare and process necessary Budget information & data for LRPs, Projects, themes and functions at the Head Office. • Ensure all period transactions are posted in the SUN system before period closure.
• Prepare for and attend to the needs of internal and external auditors by way of participating in pre-audit meeting, prepare audit schedules as per checklist made available and any other pertinent supporting analysis and provide information requested by Auditors.
• Give guidance to staff in developing proposals and budgets that are realistic and meets all key donor requirements
Essential Skills & Ability:
• Good communication and report writing skills
• Demonstrated ability in organising and managing priorities
• Ability to respond and give feedback on issues
• Sense of confidentiality
• Ability to work under minimum supervision
• Basic Negotiation skill Basic people management skills
• Sound practical knowledge of SUN systems and spread sheet
• Computer literate and ability to use accounting systems, word processing, spread sheet, and, e-mail and Internet.
• Auditing awareness Planning, Budgeting and budgetary control
• Asset inventory management
• Payroll processing and management Procurement knowledge
• Financial records management & reporting.
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance Commerce or Business Administration or Financial Management with accounting option from a recognized Institution or other related area Professional qualification/Membership of a reputable
• Professional Accountancy body such as Local Accountancy body, ACCA, CPA is a major requirement
Minimum of 3 years work experience in mainstream finance in a busy & reputable institution preferably in the NGO sector
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
NB: Applicant must have vehicle driving skills with a valid driving license
To apply, submit your updated curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and state your gross salary expectation per month and send to Head of Human Resources Organizational Development & Support Service, through E-mail: [email protected] ;
Closing date: 30th August 2020 at 14.00hrs. Please clearly indicate: “Application for ActionAid Tanzania Accountant” in your email subject.
NB: Whilst all applications received will be assessed strictly on their individual merits. we regret that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.