· Ensuring timely submission and delivery of all required documents for shipment processing at the port.
· Verify all planned shipments with customs and other regulatory bodies.
· Lodging of all files at customs and respective Container Freight Stations.
· Processing of port charges and monitoring storage debits against our TPA accounts.
· Collection and effecting payments from and to the Banks.
· Payment of duty cheques at TRA appointed Banks as assigned.
· Following up on individual Customs verification officers to carry out and finalize verifications and obtain release on the same day.
· Moving of all respective documents (Release orders and Import Entries) to the relevant sections to effect loading and issuing of the gate passes.
· Guarding against pilferage of any opened containers during 100% verification by re-sealing and locking prior to exit from Port and CFS
To ensure all Imports documents under Local and transit haulage contracts are processed through customs, TPA and other regulatory bodies without delay